Today was a great day for local food in Kingston. A new market had it’s grand opening with great success. The Memorial Centre Farmers Market will now be running every Sunday from 9am – 2pm!
5 local food vendors really stood out for me:
- Ironwood Organics – Producers of Red Fife Wheat Stone Ground Flour
- Hilborn Family Farm – Pastured Pork, Poultry and Beef
- Hanover View Farms – Grass-fed Pork and Beef
- Maple-Lim Farm – frozen fryer rabbits, rabbit sausage, ground meat, and pot pies. Oh, and POPCORN kernels
- Memories of Alexandria – Mediterranean Cuisine – I bought Tabouleh Bulgur, delish! ( no website – email@example.com)
After today I think we are about 70% local and will be 80-90% when local produce is at it’s peak! Yay, it can be done and without too much effort. As the Eastern Ontario Chapter Leader for the Weston A. Price Foundation I have a great resource list for local food. If you would like one, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject WAPF Resource List.